Last Updated Date
Closing/Computer Shutdown Policy
All public computers, walk-up tech counter computers, and copy machines will automatically turn off 15 minutes before closing (8:45PM Weekdays and 4:45PM Weekends) at both Dix Hills and Melville. There will be no printing or copying after 8:45PM or 4:45PM.
10 minutes prior to the computers being automatically shut down, the patron will receive an automatic alert to save their work.
The Public Service Department will make a closing announcement at 8:30PM and again at 8:40PM Weekdays / 4:30PM and again at 4:40PM Weekends, which reads:
- The time is now (8:30PM / 8:40PM) (4:30PM / 4:40PM) – the library will be closing in (30 min / 20 min )
- All services will end at (8:45PM / 4:45PM), including checkout, printing, copying and use of all public computers.
- Please bring all items for checkout to the Public Service Desk at this time.
- If you are being picked up, please contact your ride now.
- Again, the library will be closing promptly at (9PM/5PM)
- Thank you for your cooperation.
Approved by Board of Trustees: November 14, 2022