How to Use a Museum Pass
Available to anyone over the age of 18 with a valid, unexpired, HHH district resident adult library card. If you have any questions, please call 631-421-4530.
We offer three types of passes & tickets:
- Print-On-Demand (POD) Passes: reserve in advance online and print from any computer
- Pick Up Passes: reserve in advance online and pick up at the library
- Discounted Voucher Tickets: call for availability and purchase at the library
Guidelines for Passes
- Museum passes are available to Half Hollow Hills Community Library patrons who are over the age of 18 and in good standing only.
- Patrons not in good standing will not be allowed to reserve a pass. This includes fines and expired library cards.
- Passes may be reserved online up to 60 days in advance.
- Patrons can have up to 2 reservations on their library card at any given time.
- Only 1 reservation for a specific museum at any given time.
- Cancellations can be made up to 36 hours in advance of use.
- Failure to pick up the reserved pass or cancelling a reservation less than 36 hours prior to the date of use is considered a “no-show”. Two “no-shows” within 60 days results in the cardholder’s reservation privileges being suspended 60 days from the last “no-show” date.
- Each museum reserves the right to determine the rules and regulations governing the use of the museum pass.
- Patrons are responsible for checking with the museum to confirm the most current hours/holiday closings before they make a reservation.
- Museums may require you to show your Half Hollow Hills Community Library card and/or photo ID at time of visit.
Print-On-Demand (POD) Pass Guidelines
- May be reserved online up to 60 days in advance.
- Can be printed from home or at the library.
- Pass is only valid for the date of visit listed on the printed pass.
- Valid photo ID is required at museum visit.
- Name on ID must match the name on the reserved pass.
Pick Up Pass Guidelines
- Pick-up passes are only available for pick-up after 3 PM at the Dix Hills location during library hours.
- Passes must be returned before 11 AM to the Dix Hills Public Service Desk on the scheduled due date.
- The penalty for a late pass is $20/day or up to the full value of the museum pass.
- The penalty for a lost museum pass is the full price of the pass.
- The Library is not responsible for the pick-up or return of passes when the library is closed or for an emergency closing.
- Failure to return a pass by the due date prevents another person from enjoying that museum.
- If a pass is returned late or is lost by the previous user, reservations cannot be honored.
- Available for purchase at the Public Services Desk at both Dix Hills and Melville. Please call 631-421-4530 to check availability and cost.
- A valid Half Hollow Hills Community Library card is required.
- Credit, cash, or checks are accepted forms of payment.
- Up to 6 tickets per family.
- Click here for more information.
CLICK HERE to reserve a museum pass, and to indicate that you
have read and understood the guidelines above.